Sunday, September 28, 2014

Chalk Paint Dresser






I bought a really pretty old antique buffet/dresser a couple of weeks ago with the intent of using chalk paint on it.  I had redone some chairs at our cabin (you can see the turqoise a little in the bottom picture background) and wanted to do this pretty dresser.  So....I decided to do a "test" antique dresser in red.  I am loving how this turned out. I am sold on chalk paint.  I did my chairs and now this dresser and can't wait to do do the other buffet that I bought.   I finished the top with General Finishes Java Gel Stain which is also amazing stuff.  I refinished an entire kitchen full of cabinets (look close at the 4th picture - cabinets) with it and they turned out amazing.  I guess that's why I haven't been scrapping....I've been refinishing furniture, remodeling a cabin, and refinishing an entire kitchen.  Yes....that ugly carpet is going....but not until I get my new backsplash tile in!  

No comments:

Post a Comment