Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Strawberry Box Suckers





Aren't these fun! I decided to make these for the ladies that I go Visiting Teaching to in my church and for my son's teacher at school. I started on a quest to make something that was non-chocolate. Yikes! I know, right! LOL. For Christmas we gave my son's teacher a hot chocolate cone and she thanked him but later told the class that she doesn't like chocolate. I felt so bad and my poor son felt even worse! Especially since I gave her a little decorated box at Halloween full of chocolates! So....I needed a Valentine's idea that didn't involve chocolate and this is what I came up with. Inside is simply a blow pop sucker. I think they turned out really cute. I do know that this is NOT a project that I will make 25 of! LOL. I did end up making 8 of these....one for each of my family for Valentine's Day as part of their gift and the rest to give away. Something cute and simple. Just enough that says, "I was thinking about you." I've also seen these as just boxes full of candy, but I didn't have any other candy that would fit inside on hand and not wanting to go out into this yucky weather we are having, the suckers would have to do!

They are having a challenge at http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2012/01/cool-tools-week-die-cutting-challenge.html so I decided to enter this into their challenge!  How fun!

http://thecuttlebugspot.blogspot.com/2012/01/box-it.html  box it challenge
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. I love this strawberries boxes!


    Catarina

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so lovely, a beautiful gift to receive. Thank you for joining in at the Cuttlebug Spot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh these are soooooooo cute and adorable!

    Thank you so much for joining us at the "Box It" Challenge at the Cuttlebug Spot!

    Cuttlebugs & Hugs
    Jannie

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful - such fun!
    Thanks for playing at the Cuttlebug Spot...hope you'll join us tomorrow for another fun challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Heidi! Thanks for linking this up to the Die Cutting Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete