Thursday, April 28, 2011

Mother's Day Card













This year for Mother's Day I was a little stumped. We just suddenly lost my father at only 67 years old a couple of months ago and a typical "Have a Great Mother's Day" just didn't seem appropriate. It's been so terribly hard and is bound to NOT be her best Mother's Day as all of these first are awful. If you've lost a parent or spouse then you know how difficult these last couple of months have been. Well, as I was blog hopping, I came across this a card "here" and the sentiment spoke to my heart. I KNEW that this HAD to go on my Mom's Mother's Day card. I didn't have the time to order stamps and so I just printed the saying on my computer. If you would like these wonderful stamps, they are for sale here. I wish I could take away her pain and ours, but since I can't, I hope that she can find the "courage" to make the changes that have been forced upon her. I love you Mom!




http://fantabulouscricut.blogspot.com/2011/04/challenge-me-monday-57.html


http://cookingwithcricut.blogspot.com/2011/04/c-27-spring-flowers.html


http://www.creativecutter.org/2011/04/design-time-thursday-mothers-day-gift.html












Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

  1. OMG this card is so pretty ! great job!
    Thanks for commenting in my blog!
    Have a great Thursday ;-)
    ~Maria Elena~
    http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, and that sentiment is perfect for her. God bless you and your family during these times and thank you for playing along with us over at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Wonderful sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card design! Love all the pretty flowers! Thanks so much for joining us over at the Creative Cutter Room! DT Member Carri :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is very beautiful and is the perfect message for you mother at this time.Thanks for sharing it with us as FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your post made me cry and my heart goes out to you and your mother. This will be a difficult Mother's Day but your card will certainly bring comfort to your mother. Your card is beautiful and obviously made with incredible love and compassion. The layers are fantastic.
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at FCCB this week and for sharing your story with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card! Great job with the challenge. I am so glad that you joined us this week at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet card1 Thanks for playing at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card and the sentiment is perfect! Thanks for joining us this week at Cooking With Cricut!

    Stacey ~ CWC DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. that little bird is the cutest thing ever, I like how he looks like he is calling for his mommy!

    -- dalis
    CWC DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your fun fold!!!! I think it is too cute.... Thank you so much for sharing it with Die Cuttin Diva's

    Mistyrose

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heidi, I can't imagine how hard it must have been for your mom! The sentiment was perfect! It's a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty card Heidi! I'm sure it was a bright spot in your mom's difficult day.

    ReplyDelete