Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Cricut Mat tip....

Recently I was talking to a lady I know and she had just thrown away two cricut mats and bought new ones. I told her that I have had my cricut for over a year now and have never bought a new mat. I heard about using Krylon Repositionable Spray to "refresh" your mats on the cricut message board and so I have never bought any other mats. It's a huge cost savings! I love to scrapbook, but I also love to do it as inexpensively as possible. For those of you who have never done this, give this a try.

First take your old mat and squirt straigh dish detergent on it. Gently rub the dish soap around loosing up the paper particles and dirt stuck to your mat. Once you've gently scrubbed the mat with your fingers, wash the mat off and let dry.

Once the mat is dry, take some masking tape and tape the edges of your mat covering all the areas that are not suppose to be sticky. This is really important because if you get adhesive on the sides of the mat, it can gum up your rollers on your cricut. These machines are way to expensive to have troubles like that!

Take your taped off mat outside and spray with Krylon repositionable adhesive spray. I bought mine at Michaels with a 50% off coupon and it cost a little over $3.00. However, I've had my cricut over a year and never bought new mats so... I prefer to use 2 or 3 light coats versus a really heavy coat. It just seems to make the stick more even.

Anyway, for those of you with a cricut machine, give this a try. I've also heard of people using the Zig glue pen, but I watched a video on this and it seemed to take too long for me. I'm a spray and run kinda girl!

So...if you haven't heard of this tip, give it a try. I works great and I've never had any trouble with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment